Friday, May 11, 2012

Paci...Thumb...Hands

Cameron was introduced to the pacifier while she was in the NICU. Soon it would be the main soothing tool for us at home. We would bury her little face into the nook of our shoulder and insert the paci. Sometimes we would give it to her at night to put her to sleep, but after a while she didn't need it at night. Then around three months of age she started putting her hands in her mouth. Sometimes it was one hand and often times two! The last few weeks I wondered if she was teething because she chose her hands over her paci. Sometimes she gnaws on her little fists like a dog lol!. She has attempted to suck her thumb as proven by pictures below provided by my care provider, but I quickly told her to give the paci instead! You can remove a paci but not a thumb. I guess I could remove her thumb but I might get a visit from CPS :) Well nowadays she is constantly gnawing on those little hands and sometimes even gagging herself. I pull her hands out and seconds later they go back in. Hopefully it is just a phase...sigh




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried to get Joey to take a paci. He wasn't having it. I'd have to hold it in his mouth. Once i let go, he'd spit it out. I gave up and let him suck his thumb. If it helped soothed him, let him have it. I did ask his doctor and she told me at this stage it's ok. -Sylvia

Jennifer Scott said...

Cam is gnawing on her hands all the time nowadays, so I would welcome the thumb about now lol!

Post a Comment