Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Poo Chair and Puke Mat

When we switched baby girl to gentle formula it gave her these nasty green, muddy, stinky poops! I had this fear that we would be out in public and she would poop, so a lot of times I would wait to run errands until she had done her business. Well one day we discovered that the relaxing vibration of her bouncy chair got her to poop! It seemed every time we put her in it we would start to hear grunts and then the aroma of green swamp poop would fill the room. Pretty soon Adam and I named her bouncy chair the "Poo Chair". Worked like a charm almost every time. Well eventually she was off gentle formula and in daycare, so no more worries about that!

At almost 4 months old she started to roll over and we were so thrilled...until we realized the pressure on her tummy or her hands in her mouth gagging her would make her puke. I would walk away for two seconds and when I returned her face was buried and a sour puddle of baby vomit. The first time I rolled her over and saw it all over her face I gasped! It was up her nose and in her eyes...and she just smiled at me like she didn't even notice! One day I had to suction it out of her nose, another day scrub it out of her eye lids! I developed this paranoia because every time she did it I not only had to clean her up I had to put the play mat in the washer! You know how it is when you don't have a full load of wash too! I tried laying a blanket over the mat, but that did not good because it would slide around on the slippery play mat and get all tangled up around baby. Well, we still have not found a solution for this latest dilemma, but we have named her play mat the "Puke Mat" now. You can see how she has grown in these pics...




0 comments:

Post a Comment