Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sweet Dreams

Many new mothers struggle with sleep deprivation and getting baby to sleep through the night. For the first six weeks or so Cameron slept a lot, but would wake at 4:00am and not want to go back to sleep. I had her on a strict feeding schedule every three hours. I would wake her during the night on occasion to feed her. It seemed she would wake up at 4:00am and not want to go back to sleep unless I held her. I figured out another plan where I would go to bed at 8:00pm and Adam would do the 10:00pm feeding so I could go to sleep until her 1:00am feeding. Eventually we let her go until 2:00am or later and I would get more sleep. But, still the 4:00am wake time would happen here and there. I wondered if she would ever sleep through the night.

I bought the "pod" swaddle at BRUS to see if that would help. I had been doing the blanket swaddle but she would kick her way out of it. We also invested in some gripe water in case gas was the issue. The first night we used both she slept through the night!!! I got up once to see if she was breathing! Well she has slept through the night since and we stopped using the gripe water after a few weeks. So at three months old and two weeks before mommy went back to work baby slept through the night :) I cannot tell you how good it feels!

We transitioned her to big girl crib at 4 months 1 week because she would wiggle her way into the corner of the porta crib. She still slept through the night but is waking up a little earlier the past couple weeks. I think she is so tired out from playing at daycare, so she falls asleep by 8:00pm now. We give her one more feeding around 9:30pm and it's off to bed. We had to get a bigger swaddle device as she has grown, and they are a miracle for sure.

Well, it is 9:20pm so I better make her bottle and get her in bed. Night...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the story of her transition from the 4 am wake up call to now through the night. Cameron just wanted company at 4 am that's all. It was just Cameron and Mommy

Post a Comment